My name is Carson McKim, I am 30 years old, married for 6 years to a beautiful, and wonderful woman who is and will most likely be way out of my league and we have two beautiful children Lincoln and Nixin (a boy and a little girl). I was born up in Wyoming and my family moved to southern Utah when I was about eight or nine for my dad's new job and to of course get out of the snow. I grew up with a huge love of sports and the out doors, and as I have grown older the only thing that has changed is that my love for those things has grown immensely. I say that because most of the most important life lessons that I've learned and my work ethic came from both team and individual sports. I am majoring in integrated studies with an emphasis in business and spanish. My ultimate goal is to go on and get my masters degree. My goal is a lofty one, for me, at least. I want to go to Thunderbird and get a masters in international business management and then see what I can make out of myself with a multinational company. I've always enjoyed work and I am beginning to appreciate and enjoy school, I am not usually the smartest guy in class but I am still able to contribute where I can in discussions.
When I think about neighborhoods and communities, my first notion is to think of a group of people in a geographical setting, but as I got reading, I started thinking about how it could be much more than that. Neighborhoods and communities have just as much if not more to do with the things that people have in common such as values, beliefs, and social status. Religion and faith is a good example, are people more inclined to know their neighbor if they share the same values and beliefs as them? Most people I think are.
No comments:
Post a Comment